Enrol to Vote

Are you enrolled to vote? Do you need to enrol or have you changed address? Is Ferny Grove your state electorate?

Every time you move, you must update your address on the electoral roll or your name could be removed and you will be unable to vote. You are eligible to enrol for your new address if you have lived there for at least one month.

With this link you can check your enrolment status or with this one you can update your enrolment address.

You will need to provide evidence of your identity. You can use your driver's licence, Australian passport number or have someone who is enrolled confirm your identity. Please note that the Australian Electoral Commission cannot accept any other forms of identification, such as 18+ or Proof of Age cards.

If you are overseas or going overseas please consult the guide on going overseas.


What happens if you do not vote?

After each election, the AEC will send a letter to all apparent non-voters requesting that they either provide a valid and sufficient reason for failing to vote or pay a $20 penalty.

If, within the time period specified on the notice, you fail to reply, cannot provide a valid and sufficient reason or decline to pay the $20 penalty, then the matter may be referred to a court. If the matter is dealt with in court and you are found guilty, you may be fined up to $170 plus court costs and a criminal conviction may be recorded against you.

It is at the discretion of the Divisional Returning Officer for each electorate to determine what is a valid and sufficient reason for not voting.


Contact Mark

If you have any concerns or difficulties with your enrolment please contact the Ferny Grove Electorate Office and Mark and his staff will work to fix your problem.